1. We absolutely love the site, how did the company come about?
Wow, thank you! After modelling, travelling and settling back in Melbourne (Australia) I decided to finally land on my feet (so to speak) and study in business, pattern making and sewing, all pretty much at the same time! It was a crazy time for me. I had no idea why I was doing it all, until it all just fell into place somehow .. Call it destiny! Truthfully, I was always seeking that extra special, limited piece. A dress not many owned and what better way than to make one yourself right? I realised that this was not only something that I wanted but every other girls dream. That is how the label came about and the saying 'I love having a dress no other girl has'.
2. You dresses are so unique, how did you come up with the design?
My best ideas come right before I fall asleep at night. My mind 'pattern-makes' and in the morning I am usually bursting with energy and creating. I also gain lots of inspiration from my fabric choices.
3. We are especially loving all of the neon right now, would you say this style can be brought into AW12?
I absolutely love colour and neon's have become somewhat a specialty of mine. I would love to take neon's into AW12!
4. What do you like your customers to feel when wearing a Justyna G dress?
'Justyna G' is all about having fun, feeling carefree and of course feeling extra special knowing that you're wearing a limited piece that hasn't been re-made 100000 times in a sweat shop. That exclusive feeling is what I strive for ... knowing that the entire world does not own the same piece as you. This makes us feel original, individual and somewhat powerful.
5. Who would you say are your style icons?
Co Co Chanel for re-defining fashion and for her timeless designs. She is an inspiration to all.
6. Do you have a favourite piece from the collection?
Of-course I love absolutely every piece I have ever designed but my favourite thus far would have to be my 'Neon Peplum Pop' dress. It's such a strong, yet girly dress. Totally love it! Ask me next week though and it will probably be something else lol!
7. You seem to be doing really well with an amazing Facebook following, how does this make you feel?
It's over-whelming to say the least! I am so amazing by everyone's support... I couldn't have done it without them. They keep me on my toes as well as push me to deliver bigger and better. I love each and every one of them.
8. What are 3 things you we'd find in your handbag?
Iphone, sunglasses (cannot leave home without them, even when there's no sun) , mini Chanel no 5.
9. Are accessories an important for you?
Yes, definitely the best way to make a statement. Accessories can truly accentuate your outfit. Over do it and you could fail.
10. And finally, what can we expect from Justyna G for the rest of the year?
You'll be seeing my amazing ruffles in new, exciting colours as well as loads of glittery metallic's.
I'm also hoping to launch leggings as well as some new cuts I'm in the midst of working on, so stay tuned :)
We're so excited to see what AW12 has in store for us on Justyna G, if you haven't already liked them on Facebook we'd advise you to get there. Flutterbies, prepare to fall in love, the site will have you lusting all day so bring the credit cards!
The Flutterby Girls x